This world is a weird, weird place. Every city has it’s own charm and beauty; but it seems that every place has it’s own rules too. Confounding ones, at that. Ones that will leave you scratching you head and wondering “How did that even happen?” Here are some laws from around the world, that must have some deep explanation if we ask those who made it.
1. In Venice, it is illegal to feed pigeons
2. In Florida it is illegal for a divorced or a widowed woman to skydive on a Sunday afternoon
3. Only a qualified electrician is allowed to change a light bulb in Victoria, Australia
4. In seven U.S. states, according to their constitutions, atheists are barred from holding public office
5. In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon. Apparently this is a slight to the great French general and emperor
6. In Britain, it is illegal to carry a plank along the pavement
7. In Saudi Arabia, there is no minimum age for marriage
In 2008, a Saudi Arabia court refused to grant divorce to an 8 year old from her 58 year old husband.
8. In Egypt, you may be detained or arrested if you use binoculars near an airport
9. In Florida, it is illegal to pass wind in a public place after 6pm on Thursdays
10. It’s a crime to forget your wife’s birthday in Samoa
11. Running out of petrol is illegal on Germany’s Autobahn, and so is walking along it
12. In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush a toilet after 10pm
13. Married New Yorkers cannot get divorced on grounds of irreconcilable differences unless both marriage partners agree on those grounds
14. In Canada, by law, one out of every five songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian
15. In Colorado it is illegal to collect rainwater
16. In England, it is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament
17. In France, it is legal to marry a dead person
Who knows… right now you might be breaking some rule you might not be aware off! ✌
Please visit Story Pick for the original article along with other information.