They can get you through a slump, a bad day, a bad mood. Motivational words and phrases help channel thoughts in positive ways to keep you motivated on your fitness program. Its as simple as positive post-it notes all over the place or reading them as affirmations every morning when you wake up.
Here are 25 of the best motivational quotes from famous and not so famous folks.
1. Strive for progress, not perfection.
2. You want me to do something… tell me I can’t do it.
3. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
4. If you don’t make mistakes, you aren’t really trying.
5. You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.
~Ruth E. Renkl
6. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will
7. Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.
~Norman R. Augustine
8. I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate.
9. Energy and persistence conquer all things.
10. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
12. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
13. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
14. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
15. I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
16. Fear is what stops you… courages is what keeps you going.
17. The finish line is just the beginning of a whole new race.
18. The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline.
19. Just do it.™ ~Nike
20. In seeking happiness for others, you find it for yourself.
21. The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
22. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
23. Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
24. It’s never too late to become what you might have been.
25. Clear your mind of can’t.
View the original article here